Features of our Room 407
- There is 1 double bed and 1 sofa in the room.
- There is a fireplace and Turkish bath (hammam) in our room no: 407.
- Maximum 2 people can stay.
- All rooms of our hotel have a jacuzzi.
- Our room 407 has its own private balcony.
- There is a seating area inside the room and in front of the door.
- Our room also has an electric kettle, television, air conditioning, free water, slipper, hotel guest amenities, safety deposit box, telephone, minibar, hair dryer and wifi.
- We have a free wake up service.
- There is underfloor heating system in the room.
History of Our Room 407
We hope you are impressed with the entrance as it was a battle to convince we thought it best. The original was to come over the top and have a stairway. We assume the original entrance was on the left side and eroded away. This room is the only one that has a view of the valley behind. The balcony is great place to sit with your favorite drink and enjoy the sunset. This was a large house and there were remnants of at least one more to the left. The bedroom totally caved in yet the perimeter walls indicated the original size. As per most rooms the bedroom area was the kitchen and utility area. The entryway most likely the stable, we found no evidence of a dividing wall. The bathroom was both a sleeping and storage area. The walls were cleaned by using a hammer resembling a geologists pick. The rough surfaces help the oxidization process which allows the stone to harden. A smooth surface would tend to collect moisture and cause flaking. This is the way the walls were done hundreds of years ago. You will also notice holes bored into ceilings of all bathrooms and some other rooms. These enhance air circulation which is necessary in preservation of the cave surfaces. Without ventilation moisture would collect and the walls and ceilings would deteriorate. The bed, desk, closet doors and windows frames were made on site. Stones were also sized on site. Construction started in October 2009. Standing at the bottom of the stairs the area to left of the restaurant, the restaurant and reception buildings as well as all the rooms accessible via the stairs and extending all the way to the right were completed and ready for opening in February 2011. The areas above the main patio level and to left of the restaurant were faced during the same interval. At one time there were 70 workers on site.